It doesn’t get any easier than blondies. Unless, of course, you make a trip to the bakery, there just isn’t anything you can whip up faster. Cookies require creaming butter and sugar, cakes require frosting and Funfetti – while amazing in its own right – can get messed up, too (I’ve seen it with my own eyes). My favorite part of these cookie bars is that you can customize them with the mix-in of your choice. Espresso, Oreos, M&Ms…whatever.
Enter the best friend blondie. My Facebook wife, Staci, was visiting last weekend and (obviously) I had to whip something together with little time. She loves peanut butter, so I opted for these Peanut Butter Cup Blondies. They looked ridiculously amazing and easy to make – and they were.
Best Friend Blondies
Adapted from Alida’s Kitchen
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
About 8 peanut butter cups, quartered and frozen**
**This number is approximate – add as many or as few as you want. You can also cut the minis in half. If you don’t have time to freeze the peanut butter cups, be sure to add them on top instead of folding them into the batter if you want it to look pretty.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and spray and 9X9 pan.
- Melt butter on stovetop until slightly browned. Be careful not to burn it. Put it to the side to cool.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugars and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Then, mix in peanut butter, butter, milk and vanilla. Peanut butter won’t be fully mixed in, but that’s okay.
- Mix wet mixture into dry slowly until well combined with no lumps.
- Carefully fold the peanut butter cups in. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.